This is the Internet Report, a podcast uncovering what’s working and what’s breaking on the Internet—and why. In this special holiday episode, Mike Hicks (Principal Solutions Analyst at ThousandEyes) takes a page out of the classic Dickens story A Christmas Carol in which the protagonist has the opportunity to reflect on his past, present, and future during visitations from three spirits.
In a similar vein, this podcast takes a look at lessons from the NetOps teams of the past, the current state of NetOps, and what the future might hold—all with the goal of helping teams take steps to optimize performance and deliver delightful digital experiences in 2024.
Tune in for insights on:
- Legacy code and the importance of documentation
- Internet resilience and why some outages today have a less widespread impact than they did in the past
- Why it’s critical to have end-to-end visibility in a complex digital ecosystem where companies depend heavily on third-party providers they don’t control
- A philosophy of network assurance that goes beyond merely monitoring to continuous optimization, helping ensure superior digital experiences for users
- The evolving role automation and AI may play in network management going forward
Listen to the episode below and also check out Mike’s related article in TechRadar.
Listen to the Episode
Find us on:
Let us know your thoughts about the episode on X, tagging @ThousandEyes and using the hashtag #TheInternetReport.