A solid Privacy Management System shows our employees, customers, vendors and other third parties our commitment to respect individual’s privacy rights and expectations and protection of collected personal data from unauthorized access, use, retention/storage and/or disclosure. Our Privacy Management System applies to all our technologies and business processes and is based on the following ten principles:
- Management responsibility;
- Notices to Individuals relating to the processing of his/her personal data;
- Informing Individuals of the available choices (opt-in/opt-out);
- Disclosing personal data to third parties only for valid business reasons and if required individual’s implicit or explicit consent is obtained;
- Security of personal data;
- Collecting personal data only for the specific purpose, the purpose must be disclosed;
- Restricted use of collected data - only for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose;
- Providing Individuals with access to their personal data for review and updates;
- Quality of the personal data;
- Enforcement of the principles is a responsibility of every ThousandEyes employee and the management team.
Today ThousandEyes has achieved an important milestone in its Privacy Management; we have completed third party evaluation of our Software-as-a-Service application and marketing practices.
ThousandEyes also certified compliance with U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. ThousandEyes has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view ThousandEyes’ certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor.