New List Published by Glassdoor and Battery Ventures Showcases the Top 50 Private Cloud Companies With the Highest Levels of Employee Satisfaction
ThousandEyes, the company that empowers businesses with Network Intelligence, today announced it was ranked among the top 25 Highest Rated Private Cloud Computing Companies To Work For in a new list released by Glassdoor, one of the world's largest job and recruiting sites, and Battery Ventures, a global investment firm. The list ranks 50 independent, private companies—all business-to-business cloud companies—recognizing where employees report the highest levels of satisfaction at work, according to employee feedback shared on Glassdoor.
"It's truly humbling to be named a 'Best Company to Work For', recognizing that every day our employees have a choice in where they work, and they make the choice to come and work with us," said Mohit Lad, CEO of ThousandEyes. "I take great pride in the world-class team we've built here, turning our disruptive technology vision into reality and pushing the boundaries of what's possible for our globally growing base of enterprise customers. Every single employee at ThousandEyes plays an important role in making this company a great place to be, and this recognition will spur us on to continue building and investing in our incredible team and workplace."
ThousandEyes ranked 22nd out of a total of 50 with an overall company rating of 4.6, a CEO rating of 97 percent and a 90 percent positive business outlook rating, all based on feedback shared by employees. The broader average across all 770,000 employers on Glassdoor is a 3.4 company rating, a 69 percent CEO approval, and a 48 percent positive business outlook rating.
"Since we first partnered with Glassdoor to compile this list in 2016, the cloud has only grown in influence and market power," said Neeraj Agrawal, a Battery general partner who specializes in cloud investing. "It was also significantly tougher to make the list this year, with companies requiring a higher Glassdoor rating to make the cut—showing that companies can't rest when it comes to focusing on culture and employee happiness." This year's private-list cutoff was a rating of 4.4, compared to 4.1 on the prior list. Battery and Glassdoor also released a similar list of the 25 Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies to Work For.
Glassdoor noted that employees at these highly rated companies commonly mention in online reviews that they enjoy working for mission-driven companies with strong and unique company cultures, employers that promote transparency and companies with experienced senior leaders who regularly and clearly communicate with employees. According to a few anonymous employee reviews of ThousandEyes on Glassdoor:
- "Amazing people—best sales team I've ever been a part of!"
- "This is an extremely open and collaborative organization where engineers are encouraged to take control of, and responsibility for their day-to-day tasks while still delivering a high-quality and valuable service to customers. When problems are identified, the focus is on who is responsible to address them, rather than who is at fault."
- "Supportive, collaborative and intelligent environment. Free breakfasts and lunches (and the food is good). Solid work-life balance. Competitive compensation. Backed by top-tier investors. Internationally diverse workforce. Solid product. Definitely the smartest people I have worked with in my career."
- "If you work at ThousandEyes, you are lucky to be apart of something uncommon. The product is slick and easy to use. It's a game changer in the market. We have passionate customers with superpowers. Passionate employees and great leadership. People are funny and collaborative, but serious about the product and execution."
- "The culture at ThousandEyes is something really special. It's a culture of excellence without egos. Everyone at the company is motivated and top-notch, without exception, but everyone is also accessible, helpful, and open to feedback, without exception."
ThousandEyes, the Internet and Cloud Intelligence company, delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet enabling enterprises and service providers to work together to improve the quality of every digital experience. The ThousandEyes platform leverages data collected from an unmatched fleet of vantage points throughout the global Internet, from within data centers and VPCs and on end user devices to expose key dependencies that impact digital service delivery, empowering businesses to see, understand and improve how their customers and employees experience any digital website, application or service. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including 160+ of the Global 2000, 85+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies. For more information, visit www.ThousandEyes.com or follow us on Twitter at @ThousandEyes.
About Battery Ventures
Battery strives to invest in cutting-edge, category-defining businesses in markets including software and services, Web infrastructure, consumer Internet, mobile and industrial technologies. Founded in 1983, the firm backs companies at stages ranging from seed to private equity and invests globally from offices in Boston, the San Francisco Bay Area, London and Israel. Follow the firm on Twitter @BatteryVentures, visit our website at www.battery.com and find a full list of Battery's portfolio companies here.